Unbelievably, there are quite a number of people in this day and age who still walk around with dirty, smelly weaves! Funny enough, some of them believe that weaves are not to be washed as often. However, this is absurd because if you have paid top dollar for it why should you neglect it? For others, the challenge is how to wash their weaves. If you are one of those who have a problem when it comes to washing weaves, here is the general procedure on how to wash Brazilian Hair:
General Washing Procedure
- The first step involves straightening your weave. To do this, separate your hair into two segments, one half flowing to the back and the other pushed over your chest then gently entangle the hair using a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb.
- With your head bent forward, wet your hair using warm water in a downward motion starting from where the tracks are. This can either be done in a shower, bath tab or using a container full of water. Do not soak the weave as this may interfere with the tracks beneath the weaves especially if they are glued.
- [fsbProduct asin=’B008CC4CXY’ size=’150′ align=’right’]Next apply some moisturizing shampoo, the same way as you did with the warm water. Shampoo removes any dirt, dandruff and excess oils from your natural hair. If the weave does not lather, repeat this process several times until it lathers. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo is ideal for this process because it prevents the weave from feeling dry and brittle. Rinse your hair several times until all the shampoo has been removed from your hair.
- [fsbProduct asin=’B003AYEG4O’ size=’150′ align=’right’]Once you have rinsed your hair, apply a hair conditioner and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it. Herbal Essence Conditioner is recommended as it complements the above shampoo. You may also opt to skip using the above shampoo and co-wash instead. Always make sure that you rinse it thoroughly to prevent any product from accumulating in your hair.
- Finally, dry your hair. The easiest way to do this is using a hair drier. Ensure that all the tracks are dry before completing the process or else you will end up with a smelly hair.